Mild quake hits Koyna
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A mild earthquake measuring 4 on the Richter scale hit Koyna and surrounding areas late on Monday. According to initial reports, no casualties were reported.
CID probe sought into development plan leak
Congress corporator Sanjay Balgude has demanded a CID probe into the alleged leakage of the draft development plan (DP) of the Pune Municipal Corporation. The civic administration has been refusing to disclose the plan to elected representatives, saying it is against the provision of the BPMC Act but it is learnt that it has reached buiders and developers.
Man arrested for stealing LPG cylinder
Residents of Sangram Park arrested a man for stealing a LPG cylinder and handed him over to the police on Sunday. Former corporator Gopal Chintal lodged a complaint with the Swargate police against the suspect, identified as Amol Arun Jadhav (29) of Ganibaba Dargah. Police said Jadhav came into the park by scaling the compound wall. He stole Chintal's cylinder but was nabbed by residents while he was running away.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet