Milkha Singh, Congress MLA booked for brawl at Chandigarh Golf Club
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Legendary athlete Milkha Singh, a Punjab Congress MLA and a former Army officer have been booked by the police here in connection with a brawl between two groups at the Chandigarh Golf Club.
Milkha, MLA Randeep Nabha, and retired Lt Col Vijay Singh Sandhu were booked in cross cases under various sections of the IPC, including causing hurt and intimidation, for the brawl which occurred on Saturday, police said.
Octogenarian Milkha, popularly known as 'Flying Sikh', said he did not know why his name figured in the case as he was trying to intervene and sort out things while Nabha has blamed Sandhu for the trouble.
Narrating the sequence of events that unfolded on Saturday, Milkha said, "Col Sandhu had asked Randeep for a pass to move ahead when the four of us were playing. Randeepand I told him that let us complete and then he may move ahead. He removed our tee, placed his and took a shot.
"Randeep then placed back his tee and told the Colonel to get aside as he may get hurt. However, Sandhu pushed him, hit him with a golf club and told him that take a shot and I will see. This resulted in a scuffle," Milkha told PTI today.
He said former Punjab Chief Secretary R S Mann, along with former captain of the golf course S S Laihal, were alsoplaying in his group while Sandhu was playing with two more persons in another group when the incident occurred.
In the scuffle, Sandhu got hit near his eye and Nabha received injuries. Both were hospitalised and their medicalexamination was conducted after police arrived on the scene.Two separate cases had been registered in Sector 26 police station. In one case, Sandhu has alleged that Nabha andMilkha had beaten and threatened him at the Club on Saturday.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow