Minor ‘raped’, kept in confinement with father for 10 days
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
A 12-year-old girl has allegedly been raped by her neighbour in Bawal area of the district. The rape took place on November 14 but came to light on Friday as the minor girl and her father were allegedly kept in confinement by a village sarpanch, the police said.
Manoj, the girl's neighbour, had allegedly raped her. After she narrated the incident to her father he approached the village sarpanch Chokh Ram. However, he advised them against approaching the police. When the girl's father insisted on filing a case, the sarpanch allegedly locked him and the girl. After escaping, they approached police. Manoj was arrested on Saturday. A case of wrongful confinement has been registered against Chokh Ram, who was absconding, the police said.
Centre dismisses Jayalalithaa charge, says TN got support
The Centre on Saturday dismissed Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's charge that it was following a negative approach on critical issues and said that the State has received adequate financial support from it.
"In particular, compared to other States, the Centre has given financial support to Tamil Nadu for development of ports, capacity generation whether it is at Neyveli Lignite Corporation or at the Tuticorin Thermal power Corporation", Minister of State in Prime Minister's Office V Narayanasamy told reporters here on Saturday.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held