Minor allegedly gang-raped and set on fire
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A girl was admitted to the state run SSKM hospital with severe burn injuries today, with her father alleging that she had been set on fire after being gang-raped.
The 14-year-old girl, the daughter of a rickshaw-puller, was admitted with 65 per cent burns in a semi-conscious condition, hospital sources said.
The police said that the girl, a resident of Bhatar in South 24 Parganas district, set her self on fire at her home.
Local residents claimed that two boys and a man were watching a pornographic video on a mobile phone in a field and the girl who went there demanded that she be allowed to see it, but was refused and scolded.
Her father, however, in his FIR alleged that his daughter was gang-raped and set ablaze by the three, 12-year-old Bappa Mondal, 15-year-old Sudghanshu Sarakar and 20-year-old Chotu Naskar.
The three were taken into custody and were being interrogated, police sources said.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM