Minor boy arrested for ‘rape’
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The police on Saturday arrested a minor for allegedly raping a girl in Budaun's Ujhawi area on Friday morning.
Investigating officer, Senior Sub-Inspector R N Chowdhary said they produced the boy before a court in Bareilly which sent him to a observation home. On Monday the boy would be produced before the Juvenile Justice Board, he added. The medical report of the girl is still awaited.
Inspector, Ujhawi police station, K Bithoria said the age of the boy is below 18 years, adding that the accused and victim are from the same locality. The inspector said the FIR stated that on Friday morning when the girl had gone out, the accused forcibly dragged her into a car. He took her to a secluded place outside the city and allegedly raped her.
Two-hours later, the boy dropped the girl outside her house. The girl informed her parents about the incident, following which the victim's father lodged an FIR against the boy. The police has also seized the vehicle.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM