Minor girl gangraped, 5 arrested, 2 absconding
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
- Hamid Karzai to seek Indian military aid amid Pakistan row
A minor girl was allegedly abducted and gangraped by seven men in a nearby jungle in Muzaffarnagar, police said on Wednesday.
Out of the seven accused, five have been arrested, police said.
The incident took place last night when the 14-year-old girl had left her home at Shiksha colony from Civil Lines area for some work.
She was abducted by the seven accused and taken to a nearby jungle in a car where the victim was gangraped, SP City RajKamal Yadav said.
Acting on the information, police has arrested five accused identified as Sonu, Ravi, Nitin, Hasu and Subhash. Two other -- Praveen and Subhash -- are absconding, police said.
The medical examination of the girl has confirmed rape.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet