Minor girl gangraped at Jharkhand Cong MLA's house in Patna
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
A minor girl from Uttar Pradesh was allegedly gangraped by five youth at the residence of a Congress MLA from Jharkhand in Patna on Thursday night. One of the accused told the police that he was related to the legislator, who is the Leader of the Opposition in the Jharkhand Assembly.
Patna Police, however, lodged the FIR late Friday night after the girl identified the location. All five accused have been arrested.
The police said the incident took place late on Thursday evening when the 16-year-old girl from Chandauli got down from a train at Patna railway station. As she was moving clueless at the platform, two local youth -- Ravi and Ranjit -- extended their help and promised her accommodation. The girl, who was travelling alone, was convinced and accompanied the two to a West Patel Nagar house – belonging to Jharkhand Congress MLA Rajinder Singh - under Shastri Nagar police station.
The house caretaker Neeraj Kumar and his friends, Purusottam Raut and Tulsi Raut, along with Ravi and Ranjit allegedly gangraped her at a ground floor room of the house and later dumped her in semi-conscious state at Bailey Road. The girl later said she had boarded a wrong train that brought her to Patna.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Amrit Raj said, "The police patrol team questioned the girl and was told that the girl was gangraped. Medical examination has been conducted and the report is awaited."
Patna police also informed the MLA about the incident. Though the MLA's Patna house caretaker claimed he was related to MLA, the legislator denied it and said he had let out some parts of the house. He, however, said he was getting some parts of the house renovated.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'