Minor rape victim gives birth to baby boy at PGI
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
NGO officials said her father worked as a labourer and the family had no money to even get the girl admitted for delivery. The NGO officials then arranged for her pre-natal check-ups and free delivery.
In fact, the NGO members said the parents wanted to get her married immediately after she gave birth to a baby.
NGO for children
Members of Childline are available round the clock through a 24-hour free, emergency phone service "1098" for children in need of aid and assistance.
Woman constable sexually harassed
A woman constable of the Chandigarh Police became the latest victim of sexual harassment near the grain market, Sector 26, on Thursday morning.
The incident happened when Sukhraj Singh, a constable with the UT Police, was on his way to drop his wife, Renu, also a constable with the UT Police, from Police lines, Sector 26, to ISBT, Sector 17. The two were in civil dresses and on their personal vehicle.
As the two reached near Jat Bhawan, Sector 27, they were approached by a car with three youths. The three allegedly started following the couple who were on their motorcycle. "The youths started using abusive language. This instigated Sukhraj to stop his vehicle. The accused also stopped their car and started arguing with him," said a cop.
The accused and the couple then entered into a scuffle in which Sukhraj suffered minor injures. Sukhraj called the Police Control Room. By the time a PCR van came, the accused fled. However, the victims noted the make, colour and registration number of the car.
SHO Anokh Singh said, "We have traced the car to Dera Bassi and a team of officers is searching for the accused."
On August 29 last year, a traffic cop was assaulted by a 20-year-old
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations