Minor ‘raped’, Viramgam tense
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Tension gripped Viramgam town, some 40 km from Ahmedabad, on Saturday, a day after a 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by four people.
A huge mob gathered at the Virmgamg town police station today, demanding that the suspects be accused and beaten up.
Acting swiftly, the police arrested three of them while a hunt is on for the fourth suspect.
According to police, the girl was dragged into an auto-rickshaw at knife point and was taken to a deserted place, some 10 km from the town, where she was allegedly raped by the four suspects, all in their early twenties.
According to Rajiv Ranjan Bhagat, DSP (Ahmedabad rural), one of the four suspects is Yusuf Mandali, an auto-rickshaw driver.
Bhagat said police have been deployed in the town and that the situation was under control.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow