Minorís rape and abortion: Doctor named in FIR
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
It has been two days since the UT Police registered a case against Vicky (20) who had allegedly raped a 14-year-old minor at her residence in Sector 56 and then got her pregnancy terminated, but the police is yet to make any arrests in the case.
In the FIR, the doctor to whom the accused had taken the minor for a check-up, has also been named.
One of the police officials said that the victim is presently admitted in the Government Multi-Specialty Hospital (GMSH), Sector 16.
"The doctors have prescribed three tests for the victim after which the rape and termination of pregnancy can be confirmed. The tests will be concluded on Tuesday," said the official.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) South, Surjit Singh Malik said, "It seems like the two parties had a settlement amongst themselves soon after the victim was tested five months pregnant a few days back.
Since the accused, Vicky, and his family did not fulfill the settlement and fled after getting the victim's pregnancy terminated, her parents approached the Police".
He also added, "The pregnancy of the victim was terminated without the consent of the parents of the 14-year-old. We are also investigating the question of how the doctors did so with the consent of a third person".
As per the DSP, a team of police officials has been sent to Uttar Pradesh to nab Vicky and his mother.
Vicky had been living in Sector 56 just in front of the victim's residence with his sister and brother-in-law while his parents live in Sector 39. After the incident, the accused had reportedly fled to UP and are being brought to the city.
Vicky is a student of Class XII in a government school here. His brother-in-law works as a daily wager. The accused had raped the victim five months ago at her residence when the victim's mother had gone out to work and her father had been at his tea stall.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held