Minors raped by Naxals to get Rs 5 lakh each
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The Centre on Tuesday stepped in to help two minor girls who were allegedly gangraped by Maoists in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh. The two, aged 11 and 12, were rescued recently by the CRPF during a search operation. The Ministry of Home Affairs on Tuesday promised to give Rs 5 lakh to each of the victims and help rehabilitate their family members.
The two girls told CRPF they had been taken away from their village by Maoist cadres. They said that three cadres illegally confined and raped them over many months. The Maoists later abandoned them in the jungle.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow