Misbah-ul-Haq too deserved an award: former players
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Former Pakistan players today said it was surprising to see that Misbah-ul-Haq's contribution to the team's success was not found good enough for recognition at the annual PCB awards ceremony held in Lahore last week.
While Saeed Ajmal and Mohammad Hafeez walked with most of the awards, Misbah was ignored by the three-member committee formed to select the winners.
"It is disappointing to see that someone like easily enough Pakistan's most successful captain has not been acknowledged by the PCB," former captain Rashid Latif said.
"It is sad that we have always tended to overlook the contribution of Misbah to Pakistan cricket. He has led the side maturely at a time when Pakistan cricket was going through its worst crisis.
"But being a gentleman he has not protested. If I had been in his place or any other cricketer would definitely have protested over this injustice," Latif added.
Latif also said that although critics do not like Misbah's style of play, he would have selected him for all three formats.
Misbah, 38, has gone through a torrid time while leading Sui Northern Gas team in the final of the President¿s Trophy\ as everytime he walked onto the field, a small group of spectators threw taunts at him by calling him 'Tuk Tuk'.
Former Test batsman Mohsin Khan also felt that it was injustice that the PCB had not recognized Misbah's contribution to the team at the annual awards.
"He should have been given a special award. Because I know from close how well he has managed the team and kept the players together and made them play like a unit," Mohsin said.
He pointed out that in 2010 and 2011 Misbah had shouldered the Pakistan batting for most of the time.
"It was the first time the annual awards were held and Misbah was not given any award this is sheer carelessness from the board."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow