Missing French national was tour operator: Police
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Police said the 39-year-old French national, who went missing from a hotel in East Delhi's Anand Vihar on Sunday, was a tour operator who had come to the country with a 35-member group on January 14.
The group had come on a tour to India and was to return to France on January 29.
After Pascal Julien Lagarrigue, a resident of Saint Pierre in France, went missing, members of the travelling group told police that they were had given him Rs 10 lakh on January 15, which they were unable to locate.
"We have found some leads that strengthens our suspicion on the conduct and character of the tour operator. We cannot say that Lafarrigue took the money and fled before completing the investigation. We are investigating the matter," a senior police officer said.
It was found that Lagarrigue had taken some luggage and his passport while leaving the hotel.
On January 16, Pascal Julien Lagarrigue, a resident of Saint Pierre in France, who checked in at Hotel Park Plaza in CBD ground, Anand Vihar, left his hotel at 8 am without informing anyone in the group.
In her complaint to the police, Pascal's wife Marie Marthe Natalie said: "Around 8 am, Pascal left the hotel without informing any member of the group. He hasn't returned to the hotel or informed anyone of his whereabouts."
The police registered a case of abduction under Section 365 of the IPC at the Anand Vihar police station.
"During investigations, we conducted enquiries at the hotel and a woman staff member who catered to Pascal at the hotel, informed that he left in the morning on January 16, after asking for directions to Rajiv Chowk Metro station. We are analysing CCTV footage at Preet Vihar Metro station, where he was last seen on January 16," a senior police officer had said on Monday.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow