Missing girl died due to asphyxia, police look for sequence of events
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
The Chatuhshrungi police said on Monday they are yet to find out the sequence of events that led to the mysterious death of a 16-year-old school girl. They have also not confirmed the exact cause of her death.
Officials at Aundh Hospital said the death was caused by asphyxia, a condition caused due to severe deficiency of oxygen due to problems in breathing.
A student of a school in Pashan, Pooja Jadhav (16), a resident of staff quarters of the Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), had gone missing on Saturday evening. Her brother found her body under mysterious circumstances in an open yard a few metres from her house on Sunday morning.
Police had said she had injuries on her body inflicted with a sharp object but the injuries were not the cause of her death.
"The death is definitely due to severe deficiency of oxygen. This condition can arise due to strangulation, throttling or forced closing of mouth and nose. There are many other reasons that can cause this condition. We have not found any marks on the neck, so the possibility of strangulation by a rope or a similar object is less likely. The viscera has been reserved for chemical analysis. The report of autopsy and medical examination has been reserved," said a senior officer at Aundh Hospital, who did not wish to be named.
Senior inspector Ajay Kadam of Chatuhshrungi police station said, "We have not yet received the post-mortem and medical examination reports. We are investigating into various possibilities. Our questioning of relatives, friends and neighbours is on."
Pooja's father Vilas Jadhav is an ex-defence personnel and is posted at ARDE as member of Defence Security Corps (DSC). Puja had gone for tuition class on Saturday evening and did not return.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow