MNC exec hires impostor to get divorce, wife finds out later
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
When a Delhi judge passed a decree of divorce during a hearing in April 2008, it appeared like an open and shut case for stamping the separation of the couple by mutual consent. Both the parties appeared before the judge and fulfilled all the formalities in a harmonious manner. The man went on to marry another woman too.
Everything was fine, until the real wife who was at home all this time, found out.
The woman, a teacher in a private school in Delhi, could find out only a few months later that her husband had successfully managed to sneak out of their marriage by putting up before the law an impostor of a wife.
The records of the alleged divorce case further disclosed that said petition was filed by both the parties through a common advocate who she failed to track down. She was also shocked to learn that her husband managed to make a woman show up in the court for ascertaining the consent as his wife and sign the decree of divorce too.
Deciding to fight it out, the woman filed a petition in the Delhi High Court and claimed she was not at all aware of the divorce proceedings and that the husband fraudulently made somebody impersonate as his wife to obtain the divorce decree. Her plea contended she never appeared before the trial court nor filed any divorce petition by mutual consent and also did not engage any advocate. The HC asked her to move the trial court and seek recall of the divorce order.
She moved an application before the trial court and succeeded in establishing that her husband, an executive in a multinational company, played a fraud upon the court to get out of their six-year-old marriage. The couple had a son. Subsequently, the trial court recalled its divorce order.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow