Mobile phone of accused sent for data recovery
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Gamdevi Police probing the rape of a 35-year-old have sent cell phone of arrested accused Datta Kothavle for data recovery. They suspect the security guard of a temple trust deleted a video showing the victim as being compromised.
Kothavle, head of security at TG Pavilion Trust on Peddar Road, was arrested last week for allegedly raping the wife of a hawker several times over the past six months. He allegedly drugged the woman, filmed her naked and used the clip to blackmail her into submission.
The victim's husband has a stall outside Trimbakeshwar Temple run by the trust. "Kothavle's cellphone does not contain any video. We suspect he deleted it in the six days he was absconding and have sent the phone for data recovery," said Pradip Lonandkar, senior inspector.
A police team has been sent to Jejuri in Pune district to verify the victim's claim that Kothavle stalked her to the point of turning up at her house in her native place.
"We are interrogating the accused to check if he similarly exploited others but he is not cooperating. We appeal to other victims, if any, to come forward," Lonandkar said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’