Model-actress found murdered in Andheri flat
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
South Indian actress-model Bidushi Dash was found murdered in her Andheri (West) apartment on Monday night.
DN Nagar Police said her husband Kedar Barde, a software engineer, returned to the ground-floor apartment in Manish Nagar at around 9 pm and found the 2006 Miss Chennai second runner-up lying in a pool of blood in the passage. Pieces of glass lay scattered near the body. "Autopsy report says Bidushi had nail scratch marks across her face and neck and a deep injury on her head," said a police officer.
Police are trying to find out if her head was smashed with a glass sheet.
Barde told police he took the body to Cooper Hospital at 9.30 pm on Monday.
The 23-year-old married Barde in 2009 and the two had been staying in a rented apartment in Manish Garden Building for the past 18 months, police said.
"Barde has not been given a clean chit. He has an injured finger. He told us a hand of Bidushi was stuck under a cupboard and the body had tightened. He said he got hurt while shifting the load," said Pratap Dighavkar, DCP (zone 9).
Police registered a case of murder on Tuesday and are recording the statement of Barde.
They have already recorded the statement of building watchman Dharampal, who could see the entrance to the flat from his seat.
"The watchman said at 2.14 pm on Monday, a person called Fray visited the building and made an entry in the register. He knocked at the door of Barde but did not get a response and left," said Dighavkar.
Police said the mobile of Bidushi had more than 250 SMSes, mostly from model co-ordinators. They have already called eight people and model co-ordinators for questioning.
Police are looking for a man who allegedly came to the Barde house between 9 and 9.30 am on Monday. Bidushi received a call on her mobile at 10 am and police suspect the killer paid her a second visit.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held