Mani Shankar Aiyar: Narendra Modi is a scorpion and a snake
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Stung by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's scathing attack on the Nehru-Gandhi family and the party, a host of Congress leaders on Sunday launched a counter-attack as they sought to dismiss Modi saying he does not have the stature of a national leader. "Modi called us termites. He is a scorpion and a snake," said senior Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar. Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari tweeted, "AMNESIA Is it not true that Vajpayee ji reminded a certain CM about Raj Dharma in 02? What did Vajpayee attribute their 2004 defeat to?"
"The kind of language that Narendra Modi ji used today does not behove any leader of national stature. I think he is yet not capable of attaining the stature of a national leader. By spending crores belonging to Gujarat for self-propaganda, if someone thinks that he has become a national leader, then he is mistaken," said Union minister Rajiv Shukla.
"Modi's poisonous outpouring has proved once again he lacks the grace and dignity to be country's Prime Minister. It is Dr Manmohan Singh who rescued India's economy during global recession," said senior Congress leader Praveen Davar.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations