Narendra Modi the best choice for PM post: Ram Jethmalani
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Batting for Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as Prime Ministerial candidate, eminent lawyer and Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani today said Modi would be the best choice for the post.
"In my opinion Narendra Modi will be the best prime minister of the country," Jethmalani told reporters replying to query during a visit here.
"I have already made my position very clear. I have nothing to hide (about Modi's choice as PM)," said the Rajya Sabha MP, who was here to represent a private company before Justice M B Shah Commission probing into alleged illegal mining activities in Odisha.
Jethmalani, who had supported Modi for the top post last year while demanding that BJP president Nitin Gadkari step down, said the Gujarat chief minister should be projected as the future PM candidate.
He had also said last month that he believed Modi was "impeccably secular".
Regarding Shah Commission's functioning, Jethmalani said the probe panel is doing a good job.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Mumbai police say they too may seek custody of arrested pacer
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet