Modi attacks Cong for ghar-nu-ghar
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday accused the Congress-led governments in Maharashtra and Delhi of failing to deliver on their pre-poll promises and said he would start working on "Gujarat of his dream" from January 1.
Addressing tribals at a function in Bodeli, a town nearly 90 kilometres from Vadodara which he had announced to be made into a taluka, Modi said his government planned to declare more talukas and districts in the state, but could not do so due to the imposition of the model code of conduct.
Taking a dig at the Congress, Modi said, "In Delhi, there is a Congress CM named Sheila Dikshit. She had promised ghar-nu-ghar (affordable houses) to lakhs of people, but it has been 12 years and not a single person has got any house...the matter is now in Delhi HC."
"In Maharashtra, there is Congress government which had promised free electricity to farmers. In the last four years, not a single farmer has got power," he said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations