Modi has created crony capitalists, not neo-middle class: Cong minister
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari Monday alleged that Chief Minister Narendra Modi had created "crony capitalists", suggesting a close relationship between a few chosen industrialists and the state government.
Addressing mediapersons at the state Congress headquarters, Tewari, who had come for election campaigning, said, "In the last 11 years, Modi has not created a 'neo-middle class' as claimed in BJP's manifesto but created a new cult of crony capitalists in the state."
He said Modi's "friendly industrialists" had been given benefits running into thousands of crores of rupees on the pretext of industrialisation.
Tewari said if there was so much of development in Gujarat as claimed by Modi, then why was the state under "a debt of Rs 1,40,000 crore".
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'