Modi is VHP’s candidate for PM
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Rajnath Singh has confirmed his plan to attend Kumbh on February 6 and is also likely to seek the blessings of leaders gathered for VHP's meetings there.
While Singhal appeared backing Modi's case, senior VHP leaders sought to play it down saying the "Parishad does not support any one person or one political party... it believes that whoever will espouse its cause, the people will support that person or party".
VHP's dispositions towards different contenders for the prime ministerial candidature within the BJP holds significance in wake of the fact that the RSS recently brokered peace between the VHP and the BJP.
According to the larger design, which is believed to have been arrived at during their deliberations was that the VHP will revive the Hindutva sentiments while the BJP will be the flag-bearer for good governance on the political level to leverage both the popular sentiments to their advantage in the next Lok Sabha polls. With ENS, Bhopal
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM