Modi may not attend Kumbh Mela
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to four-wicket win
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is unlikely to attend the Kumbh Mela in Allahabad on February 12, apparently due to "security reasons", sources said Saturday.
"There is a question mark on the visit of the Chief Minister to Allahabad now. It seems the rethink is due to security reasons," they said.
Meanwhile, Congress president Sonia Gandhi, who was scheduled to address two public meetings on Sunday before the assembly polls in Tripura, has cancelled her visit to the state, official sources said. Officials in Agartala received a message from New Delhi that her scheduled visit was cancelled.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who was also scheduled to address a public meeting at Ambassa in Dhalai district of Tripura on Saturday, also cancelled his trip, officials said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow