Modi stresses 'packaging, branding' in DU hardsell
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
"For the people from the political world, youth are merely new age voters. I think differently. They should not be treated as new age voters, but new age power that can change things for the better," the CM said. "India is no longer a nation of snake charmers. We have now become mouse-charmers," he added.
Highlighting his achievements in the fields of agriculture, industry and the services sector, Modi also gave a peek into his larger vision of running the government, that revolves around "minimum government" and creating a conducive situation for companies to grow at a "fast speed".
"The government has no business doing business. Minimum government, maximum governance is my principle," he said.
"If we have to compete against China," he said, "global thrust needs to be given to three areas — skill development is one key; work on very high scales; and act at very fast speed. We need to internalise this," Modi said, again citing the Gujarat example.
Stressing the need for India to leverage its "demographic opportunity" in the form of a young population, Modi also exhorted the students of the Delhi University college to seize the moment.
There were some protests outside the venue but inside he found a receptive audience.
Truth vs Hype
Modi claimed the Gujarat Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar, set up in 2008, is the "world's first" such university.
There are over 100 universities in the US that offer courses in Forensic Science. In India, Sagar University in Madhya Pradesh, established in 1946, offers courses in Criminology & Forensic Science. Punjab University, set up in 1962, also has a Forensic Science department. Then there is the Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science in Delhi set up in 1972.
Modi pitched the Raksha Shakti University at Ahmedabad, set up in 2009, as a one of its kind police training academic centre in the country.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations