Narendra Modi to inaugurate Sparkle ’13 in Surat today
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Chief Minister Narendra Modi will on Friday inaugurate Sparkle 2013, the four-day gems and jewellery exhibition being organised by Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SGCCI) at Convention Centre in Sarsana in the city.
Over 150 companies from across the country and from countries like Dubai, Japan and Thailand will take part in the show. This is the fifth such event being organised by SGCCI to promote Indian diamond jewellery.
SGCCI president Paresh Patel said, "The reason for organising the event is to get business from non-resident Gujaratis who come during December and January. The exhibition will also help diamond and jewellery merchants as they will get in direct contact with international brands and make big business deals."
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations