Molestation: Indian-born designer gets 5 yrsí jail
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Indian-American celebrity fashion designer Anand Jon, already serving a 59 years sentence in the US for sexually abusing aspiring models, was jailed for five years after pleading guilty on a similar charge in a court.
Jon admitted to one count of criminal sexual act in Manhattan Supreme Court Thursday and was sentenced to five years under a plea deal reached with federal prosecutors.
In turn, Manhattan prosecutors dropped almost their entire case against him. He had initially been charged with preying on a dozen women in a 49-count indictment in New York. The Kerala-born designer was arrested in 2007 in California on charges he preyed upon seven young aspiring models, some as young as 14 and sexually assaulted them. He is currently serving 59 years to life in prison in California.
Assistant District Attorney Maxine Rosenthal told a judge that the deal was accepted "to spare the victims from having to testify at multiple proceedings" and in consideration of his lengthy sentence in California.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow