Moral defeat for govt: opposition
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
"There is opposition to FDI in retail move even within Congress as they have themselves admitted in the case of Kerala," Raja said.
BJP leader Yashwant Sinha claimed the FDI vote is a "very big moral victory" for the opposition though the motion moved against the FDI was defeated in the Lok Sabha.
"Our motion was defeated but we had a very big moral victory. Don't underestimate it," he told reporters.
He said the government could not touch the 272-mark and this is happening for the third time in the Lok Sabha.
BJP Vice-President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi dubbed the government's victory as a "black day for democracy."
"Government has won but Parliament has lost," he said.
JD-U leader and NDA Convenor Sharad Yadav said he knew that the goverment will get through with the policy but he wanted to discuss it in the House so that people of the country know about the issue.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held