Mother heartbroken as she was unable to save son
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
In a tragic case, a paralysed wheelchair-bound mother in UK saw her 12-year old prankster son hang himself to death before her eyes and she couldn't reach up to save him.
Marlowe Isaac Myers, a 'happy' schoolboy and a well-known prankster, may have been trying to play a joke on his mother that went wrong, an inquest heard yesterday.
The boy was found hanging from a kitchen coat hook in his Cambridge home with the zip of his fastened jacket compressed against the front of his neck.
Police officers investigating his death found a chair beside the hook, perhaps suggesting that he could have tried to wear his coat while it was still on the hook.
Nicki Myers, his 39-year old disabled mother, desperately tried to cut him down with a kitchen knife but was unable to reach him from her wheelchair and had to fetch a larger knife while he continued to choke.
Paramedics tried to save the life of the schoolboy, also called Isaac, but he was declared dead at hospital.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow