Rape capital: Mother of 4 gangraped, 3 molested
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
A 40-year-old woman was gangraped and three others were molested in different parts of the city in the last 48 hours.
A mother of four, based in Welcome, Northeast Delhi, was gangraped, allegedly by three men. Police identified two of the accused as Gaffar (46) and Aalam(46). Gaffar has been arrested.
"The woman lives in a rented accommodation in Welcome. She moved in a fortnight ago and her family lives in New Usmanpur. She told police that the men barged into her residence, sedated her and then took turns to rape her," a police officer said.
In another incident, the Delhi Police arrested three persons for molesting a girl in Hazrat Nizamuddin area of Southeast Delhi. The accused have been identified as Abdul Wahid (28), Mohammed Kabir (22) and Jahangir (27).
"The incident occurred Wednesday. After a scuffle with the girl's father, the accused persons misbehaved with her and molested her," a senior police officer said.
The girl approached the police late Wednesday night. After a case was registered, all the accused were apprehended.
In a separate incident, two minors were detained for allegedly molesting a 32-year-old woman in Uttam Nagar, West Delhi.
"The incident occurred on Thursday night when the woman, a vagabond who was roaming outside the Uttam Nagar (East) Metro station, was spotted by the minors. When they misbehaved with her, she started to scream and passersby caught them," a police officer said. Police have initiated proceedings under the Juvenile Justice Act.
In another incident, a 27-year-old woman was allegedly molested and her husband assaulted by four miscreants who had tried to enter their house with the motive of robbery, police said.
The incident was reported from the Railway Colony in Pul Prahladpur area of Southeast Delhi on Friday morning. A case of molestation and assault has been registered and a hunt is on to nab the accused, police said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations