Congress' concern not for youth, only for Rahul Gandhi's launch, says BJP
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Attacking the Congress party, the BJP today alleged it was raising concerns about youth and unemployment at Jaipur conclave after doing nothing on the issue for nine years it has been in power and that the ruling party's real 'worry' was on projecting Rahul Gandhi among young voters.
"It is clear from the Congress activity at the Chintan Shivir in Jaipur yesterday that there is less of introspection and more of worry. Sonia Gandhi has expressed concern for the youth and the middle class.... After being in power for nine years, Sonia Gandhi has spoken about their aspirations," BJP Chief Spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
The Opposition alleged that Congress maybe raising this issue to connect with the youth as it plans to launch Rahul Gandhi as the leader in the 2014 polls.
"There is a debate in the Congress about giving a bigger role to Rahul Gandhi but not about giving a bigger responsibility... Is this a concern for the youth or a concern for Rahul Gandhi," he said
He said that this concern for the youth has come after being in power for nine years and wondered what is the reason.
"This is important as 51 per cent of the population is below 25 years of age and 65 per cent is below 35 years. There is such a big population of youth and yet Sonia Gandhi has expressed concern and worry for them after nine years," Prasad said.
BJP alleged that Sonia Gandhi spoke about the youth as the general elections are due in a year.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held