Tension in village after Dalit boy 'misbehaves' with upper caste girl
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Tension prevailed in Papparappati village in the district after a Dalit boy allegedly misbehaved with an upper caste teenaged girl at a fancy store where she was working as sales assistant.
Police said the boy allegedly pinched her when she was busy searching for recharge coupons which he had asked. The girl caught him red handed and a verbal altercation followed.
On hearing the commotion, a woman working in an adjacent shop rushed to the spot and admonished the man. However he reportedly threatened both women and left the spot
The girl then lodged a complaint with police and a case was registered against the man under IPC 354 and Sec 4 of Tamil Nadu Women's Harassment Act
A search is on for the man, who is absconding.
Meanwhile a group of upper caste people resorted to a road roko in front of the police station and demanded that the man be arrested. They dispersed after being assured that suitable action would be taken.
Police pickets were posted at several places in Papparappatti and surrounding villages as a precautionary measure.
All shops remained closed in Papparappatti area.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations