MSEDCL to remove power connection of defaulting consumers
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL) had decided to take stringent action against consumers who have defaulted on payment of electricity bills . Power utility officials said that they will remove the energy meter and service wire from the electricity pole and premises of the defaulting consumers. Connection will be renewed once the pending bills are paid.
MSEDCL authorities, in a statement, said 81 per cent of the state is load shedding free and they are making efforts to bring the rest 19 per cent under the load shedding free category. There are more than 45 per cent Distribution and Commercial Losses in the rural areas and more than 42 per cent in the other regions. Though the overall distribution losses are about 15 per cent, still there are areas which have more than 45 per cent losses.
Of the total 5,000 feeders, 4,000 are load shedding free but the rest face load shedding as the consumers have defaulted on payment. There are 400 feeders with more than 70 per cent DCL. Due to the illegal use of electricity and for the various illegal methods used by the consumers for re-connection of power supply, the temporary disconnection process has seen a major anomaly at various zones.
To crack down these defaulting consumers, MSEDCL has set up a special team for this drive to improve the payment system. While carrying out this disconnection drive, the meter reading will be recorded and the energy meter along with the service wire will be directly removed from the pole and the premises and will be kept in the section office.
MSEDCL has also decided that all the electro-mechanical meters will be replaced by the IR/RF meters at the time of reconnection at an easily accessible location. Strict action will be immediately taken against consumers in case there are cases of illegal theft, officials said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations