Muder accused killed by witness in case in Moshi
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A 22-year-old man accused in a murder case was allegedly killed by a witness in the case in Moshi on Friday. Police identified the victim as Rahul Khandu Sawant (22), a resident of Moshi. Police have arrested the suspect, Navnath Raghu Gaware (22), also a resident of Moshi. An offence was registered at the MIDC police station.
Police said Gaware allegedly stabbed Sawant around 6.45 am at the main chowk in Moshi. Sawant was arrested in 2009 for allegedly murdering a restaurant owner Rahul Gaikwad. Gaware worked as a waiter at the restaurant and was a witness in the case.
Police said Gaware later started his own restaurant in Moshi and Sawant was released on bail in 2011. Since then there were disputes between the duo as Sawant allegedly threatened Gaware of dire consequences if he gave a statement against him in the murder case. Gaware had also lodged a police complaint against Sawant.
However, police suspect Sawant continued to threaten Gaware. Fed up, Gaware attacked Sawant with a weapon on Friday morning. On receiving information, the police reached the spot and rushed Sawant to a hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet