Mulayam praises Advani, tells son to put house in order
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav today showered praise on BJP leader L K Advani and used his comments to lash out at his son Akhilesh Yadav's government in Uttar Pradesh.
"Advani sahab says UP is in very bad state and corruption is rampant.... Now I have to assess the situation when a senior leader like Advani says such a thing. He never lies. He always speaks the truth, as I have said many times.... I'll go and meet him again," Yadav said addressing a function here.
Citing Advani's views, Yadav said that if the Chief Minister failed to control the law and order situation, he would be tagged as an incapable administrator.
"Akhilesh, the government is not run by flexibility, but by (taking) tough stand," the SP supremo said in a speech on the occasion of the 103rd birth anniversary of Ram Manohar Lohia.
Accusing ministers and officers of tarnishing the image of Samajwadi Party government by indulging in "sycophancy", he asked Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to be a strict administrator.
"Ministers are indulging in leisure and officers in sycophancy to get their work done. That is bringing a bad (name) to the government... it won't be allowed."
Describing police stations and tehsil offices as the biggest centres of corruption, he said that the CM should undertake a review and initiate stern action against the district magistrates and police chiefs wherever irregularities are detected.
Until and unless there is fear among the officers, the functioning of government will not be proper, he said.
Yadav's praise for Advani comes days after SP General Secretary Ram Gopal Yadav had said the former BJP-led NDA government was "more cohesive" and Atal Bihari Vajpayee's style of functioning better.
"NDA's coalition was led by Vajpayee and he was a big personality. Other leaders in the coalition such as L K Advani are one of the biggest leaders of the country," Ram Gopal Yadav had said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet