Mulayam's Samajwadi Party jolts UPA, threatens to vote against FDI in Parliament
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
BSP, which extends outside support to UPA, has 15 members and it has said that it will disclose its stand on the issue on the floor of the House.
Asked about the party's opposition to the Bill on reservation in promotion for SC/ST officials, Ramgopal Yadav said, "We are talking about safeguarding the interests of 80 per cent people of the country and at the same time, we are not against the interests of the rest 20 per cent also."
He said the party was in favour of reservation in jobs but "We don't support reservation in promotion in government jobs. This proposal is wrong and unconstitutional. The Supreme Court has rejected it and it would be wrong to implement it by forming a law."
Yadav said SP has informed the government that it will oppose the Bill in Parliament. "Our strength in Rajya Sabha may be less but when it comes up for discussion, we will oppose it. We will not let it to be cleared. We are committed on this issue," the SP leader said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held