Mumbai underground: ‘Wait’ing room
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The Nationalist Congress Party's newly-renovated, hi-tech office at Mumbai has been ready for a fortnight. But the allocation of chambers to the officebearers have been delayed as the number of aspirants seeking the independent state-of-the-art room for themselves outnumber the total rooms constructed. NCP state unit chief Madhukar Pichad is the lone leader who has moved to his new office. But all the general secretaries, vice presidents and others are getting restless as they have no permanent seats in the party headquarters. What makes the matter complex is whenever somebody approached Pichad to seek their room for work, he asked them to get permission from Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar. Now, many feel it is better to remain roomless than asking Ajit Pawar for a room.
Seeing is deciding
Since its formation in July, the new Mumbai Heritage Conservation Committee has rejected the Opera House restoration proposal thrice. While, the committee is known to nitpick at every detail for any restoration plan that comes up for a MHCC nod, it is surprising to see that in this plan prepared in 2008 by Abha Narain Lambah, the conservation committee's own member, has not managed to receive approval for the Opera House proposal. The last time Lambah recused herself from the meeting, the committee passed a decision that a site visit will be necessary before making a decision on the proposal.
This Makar Sankranti, the Shiv Sena student wing of Kirti Doongursee College, Dadar, will be distributing mirchi powder to girl students along with the til gul laddoos (Laddoos made of sesame seeds). "On the day of Makarsankaranti, as per the tradition we have a Haldi Kumkum ceremony for women where til gul laddoos are distributed along with a small gift. We are giving them mirchi powder packets instead. The Congress government has failed to ensure the safety of women. Women should carry chilli powder in their purses along with lipsticks for their own safety. Instead of til gul ghyaa ani god god bolaa (Have til- gul and speak good things), this year our slogan for the festival will be til gul ghyaa... ani surakshit rahaa (Have til- gul, and stay secure), said Swapnil Suryawanshi, SYBA student of Kirti Doongursee college and organiser of the event.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet