Mumbai underground: IIT’s non-tech worries
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Insight, the IIT Bombay student media body, is conducting surveys on life and rules on campus. It is seeking student opinion on whether the basic 10 am to 7 pm rule for entry of opposite sex in hotels is an inconvenience.
Another 'fact-finding' online survey attempts to know if IITians are satisfied with their social life on campus.
The questions include if students find it difficult to strike conversations with non-IITians, frequency of eating/drinking outside, if girls feel 'objectified' by boys off campus and how much thought is put to dressing up on a daily basis.
Lala, ooh la la
As special judge I M Bohari was explaining the counts on which NRI beautician Nooriya Haveliwala was held guilty in a case of drunken driving, lawyer Subhash Lala rushed in and interrupted. He wanted to know if the judge had called for him.
In a lighter vein, Bohari immediately said he was keen to know why Lala's name was repeated in the movie Dirty Picture. Confused, Lala wondered aloud what the judge meant. To which, Bohari sang, "Ooh la la... Ooh la la...", resulting in an uproar in court.
Raising the garbage collection problem in his ward, Congress corporator Asif Zakaria pleaded with additional municipal commissioner Mohan Adtani to visit Bandra and see the deteriorating situation for himself. When Adtani agreed, Zakaria quickly added, "Great. But please come unnannounced, problems have a way of sorting themselves out before the addditional municipal commissioner makes an appearance."
Food for the seas
Good amount of research has gone into the food served on Sagar Parikrama II. Former solo circumnavigator Cdr Dilip Donde, skipper Lt Commander Abhilash Tomy and DRDO to Donde's mom, everyone has contributed. The frozen packets of food have been carefully divided into 18 kg for each of the six months and differentiated according to 3,500-4,000 calories intake per day in two set of meals by Donde's mother. Some packets are frozen food designed by Defence Food Research Laboratory, while others have come from the New Zealand-based Back Country. A Goan lady who specialises in dehydrated food has also sent some of her inventions.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations