Munshi booked for rape after HC order
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
The Ludhiana police has registered a case of rape against Palwinder Singh who was posted as a munshi with the city police.
"Palwinder was booked on the orders from the Punjab and Haryana High Court. Currently he is undergoing treatment for cancer in Apollo Hospital and is absconding. Saroj, a woman friend of this munshi, has also been booked," said SHO Satwinder Singh Virk.
The complainant, who had filed a complaint last year, told the police that Saroj had called her to house and served her a cold drink laced with some sedative. After consuming the cold drink, she became unconscious. When she woke up, she found that she was naked and this munshi was lying next to her. When she tried to raise the alarm, she was told to keep quiet or face dire consequences as the two had recorded a clip of hers in their mobile phones.
The complainant told the police that she had kept quiet at that time. Later, Palwinder would keep calling her to Saroj's place and establish physical relations with her. The complainant then approached the police which did not take any action as a result of which she approached the Punjab and Haryana High Court for intervention.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow