Music Fest goes Mobile
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets put Pune Warriors on top
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
- Afghan Prez to seek Indian military aid amid Pakistan row
Last year, when Parth Lawate attended the Sawai Gandharva Bhimsen Mahotsav in Pune, he found that many people like him were stuck for information about schedules, venue and timings among others. Lawate put it on his reminder list to do something about this.
Now, Lawate and his team at Tekdi Web Solutions have created an Android application for the Google Apps store and a web-based application for other phones for the festival called Sawai 2012.
"It is a basic app that has only necessary information such as venue map, schedules and tickets. It can be accessed by anyone with a smartphone and we want to see the response this year," says 28-year-old Lawate, who worked on the project with Ashwin Date, Vishnu Pathare and Kirtikumar Pawar. The festival will be held from December 11-16.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet