Music in the Family
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
The film that marks Asha Bhosle's debut as an actor will also see her granddaughter sing on-screen for the first time. The renowned singer's ten-year-old granddaughter, Zanai Bhosle, has recorded a song for the film Mai. Directed by debutant Mahesh Kodiyal, Mai is the story of a woman who has been ousted from her own house by her son. She then goes to live with her daughter and son-in-law.
One of the songs in the film needed to be sung by the protagonist's granddaughter and the filmmakers decided that Zanai, who has a good voice, would be the perfect choice for it. Titled Salaami Ho Jaye, Shankar Mahadevan, Sunidhi Chauhan, Sonu Niigaam, Shaan, Kailash Kher and Mohit Chauhan have also lent their voices to the song.
On Saturday, Bhosle announced the news on Twitter and posted a photograph of Zanai with her grandaunt Lata Mangeshkar. "Zanai is extremely talented and her voice lends a beautiful feel to the song," said Shamir Tandon, the film's music composer. Mai will see Padmini Kolhare and Ram Kapoor in key roles.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held