Muslim forum slams Gehlot govt for inaction
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Families of the dead have been given a total compensation of Rs 10 lakh each.
The Forum plans to take the issue to the UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi, who had visited the town soon after the incident took place. "We hope Rahul Gandhi will take up the matter and fast-track the investigation. We will also approach the CBI director and the head of the Minorities Commission," Hasan said.
Mohammad Salim Engineer, national secretary, Jamaat-e-Islami Hind, said, "The ruling Congress party in the state is over confident that the Muslim community will support them and therefore they take us for granted. But now the entire community of the region is upset with the government for its inaction and apathy. If the government does not ensure that the guilty are punished soon, they will lose our support completely."
The Muslim community constitute roughly about 30 percent of the Mewati region including Bharatpur and Alwar in Ra jasthan that has been a stronghold of the Congress.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held