Muslim groups hail execution
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Muslim groups across Maharashtra welcomed the hanging of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab.
"People who come from across the border and murder innocent civilians deserve no mercy. Keeping him alive for so long was murder of justice. We, however, welcome this belated measure," Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind's Maharashtra unit Secretary Gulzar Azmi said.
Residents in the Muslim dominated areas of the city were unanimous that the perpetrator of the carnage deserved what he got. "In Islam, it is said that killing an innocent man is equivalent to killing entire humanity. In this case, this man killed countless helpless individuals. He deserved to be hanged," Shaikh Dabir, a retired teacher said.
Meanwhile, many Islamic scholars said that Kasab not only violated the laws of the country but also the Islamic code of conduct.
"Islam says that an individual who spills the blood of an innocent deserves the same fate. I am happy that Kasab was punished under the laws of this nation as well as the laws of my religion," Independent MLA from Malegaon Mufti Mohammed Ismail said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'