My own party leader's conspired to remove me from CM's post: Yeddyurappa
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Blaming his own party leaders for his ouster as the chief minister, BJP strongman in Karnataka B S Yeddyurappa on Monday claimed that people's backing for him has only increased since then.
"I am indebted to the people for supporting me even after losing the chief minister's seat," Yeddyurappa, who was forced to quit in July last year after a Lokayukta report on illegal mining indicted him, said.
Addressing a public rally near Davanagere, Yeddyurappa, on a state-wide tour to understand the problems faced by the people due to drought, alleged that his own party leaders conspired against him to remove him from the chief minister's post.
"More than the leaders from Opposition parties, my own party members conspired against me and succeeded to remove me from the chief minister's post. Power and position is of less importance if one's pride is hurt," Yeddyurappa said.
BJP came to power because of people's support and he would again occupy the chief minister's seat with their blessings, he said.
"If I became CM again, I will make Karnataka a model state in the country," he claimed.
Yeddyurappa, battling a series of corruption cases, has been eyeing the post of state unit party oresident, but the BJP central leadership has not conceded his demand.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet