My sex scenes make my wife laugh out loud: John Grisham
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Author John Grisham realised that he can never write erotic fiction after his wife once burst into laughter after reading a steamy raunchy scene that he wrote for one of his novels.
"I once wrote a sex scene and gave it to her to read," the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
"I thought it was a really steamy, raunchy scene but when I sneaked into the room to try to gauge her reaction she was screaming with laughter. I mean hysterical laughter.
"'You can't write sex scenes,' she said to me. 'What do you know about sex?' So people shouldn't expect any erotic fiction from me," he said.
Grisham recommends 'Fifty shades'
In a recent interview in New York Times, Grisham, who has long been a backer of Democratic politicians, was asked: "If you could require the President Obama to read one book, what would it be?"
Grisham recommended "Fifty Shades of Grey," the racy, sex-tinged novel that has taken the book world by storm.
"Why should he miss all the fun? Plus, it might loosen him up a bit."
Meanwhile, for the second consecutive week, John Grisham's "The Racketeer" topped Publishers Weekly's bestseller list.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM