- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A band from Nagaland, called Alobo Naga and The Band, is representing India at the MTV Europe Music Awards (EMA), which takes place on Sunday in Frankfurt, Germany. The band's hit music video Painted Dreams — it had stormed the VH1 charts last year as one of the 50 international music videos of 2011 — was declared as the Best Indian Act, beating the big guns of Indian rock music such as Indus Creed and Menwhopause. However, the Dimapur-based band lost out in the Best Worldwide Act category, the voting for which ended on October 30.
"We started two years ago and never imagined something as big as this. It made us realise that as far as music is concerned, it doesn't matter where you are from; and it's not just a boost for Nagaland or just the Northeast but the whole of India," says Alobo Naga, the band's lead vocalist. The band, that calls itself a contemporary progressive rock group with folk and pop elements, has five members led by vocalist Alobo Naga.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet