NALCO surges over 8% on smart Q3 results
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Shares of aluminum major NALCO today soared by over 8 per cent after the company reported more than two-fold jump in net profit for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
After surging over 9 per cent during the day, shares of the company finally ended at Rs 50.60, up 8.12 per cent on the BSE.
At the National Stock Exchange, the stock closed at Rs 50.65, up 8.23 per cent from its previous close.
In terms of volume, 10.16 lakh shares of the company changed hands on the BSE, while over 21 lakh shares were traded on NSE.
NALCO today reported more than two-fold jump in net profit to 118.94 crore for the quarter ended December 2012, on the back of improved sales.
The National Aluminium Company (NALCO) had reported a net profit of Rs 51.22 crore for the corresponding period of FY12.
State-run NALCO is an integrated aluminium maker, with its activities encompassing bauxite mining, alumina refining, aluminium smelting and casting, power generation, rail and port operations.
Rally in the stock outperformed the benchmark Sensex which ended up 14.10 at 20,005 points.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet