Sukhdev Singh Namdhari wants own jail van, BJP says probe Arvinder Singh Lovely, Haroon Yusuf
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Sacked Uttarakhand minorities commission chief Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, arrested for his alleged involvement in the November 17 gunfight at the Chhattarpur farmhouse where liquor baron Gurdeep 'Ponty' Chadha and his brother Hardeep were killed, has moved an application in a city court saying he wants a separate vehicle to transport him from Tihar Jail to court.
"Being a political figure, he may become a target for any person who may want to threaten him. We have requested the court that Namdhari be allowed a separate van to keep him safe," Namdhari's advocate RS Malik said.
Meanwhile, the BJP on Thursday demanded the resignation of Delhi ministers Arvinder Singh Lovely and Haroon Yusuf for their alleged links with Ponty and his brother. Call records of Hardeep's mobile phone reportedly show he was in regular touch with Lovely and Yusuf.
But Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said there was nothing wrong in people speaking to each another. "Some calls were made, but we do not know the context or content of these calls. There is nothing more for me to say about this issue," Dikshit said.
When Newsline asked SBK Singh, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime), if the two ministers would be questioned, he said the call detail records were not related to the case.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) SBS Tyagi said: "We have not received any allegation or complaint pertaining to whom you are talking about."
The phone records, sources said, reveal that Hardeep spoke to Lovely several times before he reached the farmhouse on November 17 morning. The sources said Lovely was to mediate between the two brothers later that day at the farmhouse.
In the seven months till the day of the incident, Hardeep and Haroon Yusuf had exchanged 54 calls, the sources said. On some days, Yusuf first spoke to Hardeep and the next call was made to Lovely.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations