Narendra Modi among BJP list of PM candidates: Naqvi
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is one of the eight top BJP leaders who could be the party's prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha polls, BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said on Monday.
"There is a list of eight top leaders in the party including Narendra Modi who could be prime ministerial candidates in the next elections," Naqvi said.
The party's parliamentary board would decide on the Prime Ministerial candidate from the the eight top leaders at an appropriate time, he said.
He said, "We think the mechanism we have introduced to choose prime ministerial candidate is right and there is no confusion among us regarding choosing the prime ministerial candidate."
Expressing confidence that NDA would form the next government at the Centre, Naqvi said eight parties would join NDA soon.
He released the party manifesto for February 14 Assembly polls in Tripura. BJP fielded 50 candidates for the sixty-member Assembly.
He said good governance, providing safety and security to the people, particularly the women, are the main issues on which BJP was laying importance.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet