Narendra Modi packs in a new dist, Nitin Gadkari hopes for ‘Gujarat-like govt’ in Delhi
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
To be carved out of Banaskantha, Aravalli district will comprise Khedbrahma, Poshina, Idar, Vadali, Vijaynagar and Bhiloda talukas
Exactly a year after Chief Minister Narendra Modi began his Sadbhavana Mission in the presence of top BJP leaders, his party chief Nitin Gadkari on Monday declared in his presence that the saffron party wanted a "Gujarat-like government at the Centre" after the 2014 parliamentary polls.
Gadkari was speaking at a public meeting at Ambaji in Banaskantha district as part of Modi's Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra.
"BJP will again come to power in Gujarat with a thumping majority. What has been done and is being done in Gujarat will be replicated in other states and ultimately BJP will come to power in New Delhi," said Gadkari.
Speaking at the meeting, Modi announced a new district, to be carved out of Banaskantha. It will be named after India's oldest mountain range, Aravalli, which runs from Rajasthan into Gujarat. This 29th district of Gujarat will be official from January 26, 2013. The district will comprise Khedbrahma, Poshina (new from Banaskantha), Idar, Vadali, Vijaynagar, Bhiloda talukas.
In his speech, Modi said his government would return to power "to create a Divya (sacred) and Bhavya(glorious) Gujarat".
The chief minister started the day, also his birthday, by seeking blessings from his mother Hiraba at his brother's house in Gandhinagar. He then flew to Rajkot to address the second of the youth conventions and then came here to launch the fourth leg of the Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra at Ambaji.
Gadkari arrived at the venue at Ambaji just as Modi was concluding his speech.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow