Narendra Modi painting rosy picture to misguide people: Cong
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
The state Congress Friday claimed that CM Narendra Modi was "misguiding" the country by giving "false and far from the true" data about Gujarat. Addressing reporters, GPCC president Arjun Modhwadia compared Gujarat with Haryana on 38 different parameters and claimed that the former's performance was far worse than Haryana and also alleged that Modi has projected a "false and rosy" picture of the state.
Referring to Modi's recent speech in New Delhi, he said, "If you compare the vital development parameters of the two states, it is clear that Modi, while addressing those 1,800 college students, had presented totally irresponsible, false and far from the truth data to misguide people."
"Haryana, which has half the population as compared to Gujarat, has never held any agriculture festival, which has become a fashion for the Gujarat CM, and still that state is on top in the country in the agriculture sector," he said.
Modhwadia has also claimed that as compared to Haryana, Gujarat was providing less amount of pension to its older population, widows and physically-challenged persons.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations